Sunday, December 17, 2006

I am sooooooo tired....

The last few days have been a blur. Friday my sister Melissa and I went shopping for the day. We dropped the kids off at school and headed to the "big city" (roll eyes). It's a good thing we took my SUV because we ended up filling it up. It was a long day but we both got our shopping finished.

When I got home, Kinsey was running a fever and very sleepy. I gave her some ibuprofen and sent her to bed. Saturday she woke up feeling bad again. I ended up taking her to the ER because there are no doctors or clinics open on the weekends here. She tested positive for strep and was put on antibiotics. Neal and I were supposed to go to his work party last night but I ended up staying home with Kinsey and getting a start on my candy making. I made 2 pans of fudge (one with pecans and one without), a pan of peppermint bark, and hot chocolate mix.
This morning I got up and started baking. I made 8 mini loaves of banana bread, 4 loaves banana nut bread, and 4 loaves cranberry nut bread. Then I moved on to candy making. I made pralines and divinity. Neal helped me drop the divinity pieces on parchment because it was hardening so fast. Later when I thought it was hard I put them in a container....they all "melted" back into a big glob...lol! Oh well, I'll figure out how to serve it some how. I've got all the bread packaged and ready to hand out. I need to put the candy in containers but will do that tomorrow.

Tonight while I was watching the Survivor finale, I wrapped all the presents I bought Friday. I have the ones going to Pecos in a box ready to go. I feel like I got a lot accomplished the last few days. I'm ready for the holidays!

No comments: