Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Last minute gift

I thought I would post this lotion "recipe" as a last minute gift. My cousin gave me some one year then I found the recipe to make myself. The last few years I made it and gave it out but haven't gotten around to making any this year. It's really good for dry skin.

DRY SKIN LOTION

32 oz baby lotion (you can get the regular scent or try other scents like lavender)
8 oz Fruit of the Earth Vitamin E (oil or cream-I like the cream)
7 oz Vaseline (also available in scents)

Get as close to the sizes as you can. I usually buy my supplies at the dollar store so the ounces vary. I buy the store brands instead of name brand. Use a spatula to get everything out of the containers and dump them into a bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until well blended.
One recipe fills eight 8oz jars or put it back into some of your empty containers. It's almost impossible to put back in the baby lotion bottles. Last year I bought some pretty candy dishes that seal to put it in for gifts. Anything that seals works (except for tin).
This recipe is easy to double.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea for a gift. Thanks for sharing the "recipe".