Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 12 - A picture of something you love

Books! Books! Books!
This is just one of my bookcases. This one is double stacked with paperbacks (2 rows). I buy them at the library when they have book sales. My favorite sale is when they give you a plastic grocery sack and say you can fill it for $5. You would be amazed how many books I can fit in one of those sacks! I also have a bookcase with all my cookbooks and another with craft books and magazines.
I'm not a fictional book collector because as soon as I read a book I pass it on. I have only kept a select few of my favorite books. A lot of the books on this shelf are parts of series that I'm collecting so I can read the whole series at once. Others are books I've picked up and thought I would like--I just haven't gotten around to reading them yet. Some of my favorite authors are Sue Grafton, Janet Evanovich, Debbie Macomber, Susan Wiggs, and Sheryl Woods.


Anonymous said...

You come by your love of books honestly-I always use to love to read and one of these days I will get back to that.

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

I'm like that too! I have a HEEEUUUUGE "to read" pile right now. Phillipa Gregory is great, I see some stuff I want to borrow from you, lol!