Saturday, May 31, 2008

My new toy

After moving into this house we realized the last people had pets that peed and pooed on the carpet A LOT! I was debating on renting a steam cleaner or buying one. We use one at the daycare that is light weight and easy to use. After some research (and seeing what Wal-Mart had available) I decided to get the same one. It's a Bissell QuickSteamer Lightweight Deep Cleaner.


The last 3 days I have been cleaning carpet. This machine isn't a true steamer since it doesn't heat the water. You add the cleaner and hot water to a tank and then the dirty stuff is sucked up into another tank. Very easy to use and works great! I can't believe how much better my carpet looks. I did my bedroom, the living room, dining room, and hall. Kinsey's room was not bad so I haven't done it and the spare room has to much "stuff" in it for me to do it right now. That whole room project is on my to do list for the near future. It will be my sewing and guest room. I have it all planned in my head, just need the time to do it.

Neal pulled the carpet up in Kinsey's bathroom today. There were so many stains on the sub floor that I now realize where the smell was coming from. I poured a box of baking soda on the floor and let it soak up any smells it could. That helped a lot. I plan to go to Home Depot to get the tile we need for that bathroom next weekend and hopefully we can get it installed right away. Kinsey's not that impressed with sub floor as her new floor...lol! I have her pretty new purple rugs down so she doesn't scrape her feet.

No comments: