Sunday, October 15, 2006

Lincoln County Cowboy Symposium and Chuckwagon Cookoff

Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! My birthday was Oct 14th and I got to choose what we did for the day! Neal had to go work at the Cowboy Symposium for a bit so Kinsey and I got to walk around and check out the chuckwagons. It was raining most of the time but it was interesting to check out the camps. This cookoff has been featured on The Food Network several times and I saw quite a few people I recognized from the shows. Here are a few pictures of different camps.







Here is Kinsey petting a goat at a little petting zoo they had there.




After doing that we drove out to the Mescalero Apache Reservation and had lunch at a really good Mexican food place. You would just have to know it's there because there isn't a sign for it. Neal has eaten there several times when he's worked on the reservation. It reminds me of my favorite place in my hometown. We will definitely go back again.

We ran a few errands then went to the movies to see "Open Season". It was a cute movie.

When we came home I had 6 phone calls from family and friends and a card from my parents. My sister brought over some sugar-free ice cream bars and a great present! She got me some very comfy pj's and a Rachael Ray cookbook.

Thanks to everyone for such a great birthday!!

No comments: