Monday, October 23, 2006

Viva la bell pepper!!

I haven't posted in a few days because I've been busy working on Kinsey's costume. It's going pretty good. I had a little problem with the skirt but I'm working it out. I still need to make the jacket but I have it cut and ready to go.

I haven't made any new recipes so I have nothing to report there. My Mom is here visiting and brought me my birthday presents. She and my Dad got me a great set of Dutch Oven pans. I have been wanting a BIG pot to cook soups and stews in and these are prefect. My brother got me a set of Wolfgang Puck Santoku knives with a wood block to store them in....really cool knives. I keep finding things to cut with them...lol!

Speaking of cutting, I have been buying bell peppers to cut up and freeze. My little grocery store has a rack that they put packaged veggies at a reduced price on. I always check it out to see if there is anything I can use. Lately they have had bell peppers on it. The regular price for 1 red pepper is $.89 or I can get 4 for $1.50 on the reduced price rack. Usually the peppers have a little mushy place that I just cut off. Tonight I bought 2 packs of peppers. One pack had 4 yellow peppers and the other had 5 green and one yellow. I had so much fun chopping them up. It's amazing how fast you can cut things up with a sharp knife.

I love bell peppers because they are so versatile and are considered one of the world's healthiest foods . They are high in vitamins A and C and have a good fiber content. You can use them in Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Cajun, and so many other kinds of foods. I just take some out of the freezer and toss them into things when I'm cooking...good flavor and color!

No comments: