Sunday, December 21, 2008

Breathe, breathe, breathe...

I'm finally feeling like I can breathe again. I've gotten all the shopping done, the presents wrapped, and the meal planned. I have one project to finish and can call this year done! Oh sure there are little things to get done but all the major ones are finished.

I have loved our bigger house this year. It was so nice to have the room to set up the big Christmas tree and not have to move furniture. We have a mantel over the fireplace to display special items and to hang our stockings from. My kitchen has plenty of counter space for my baking and candy making. We have a guest bedroom for my Mom to come stay.

We are feeling quite blessed to have found this house. We have used the fireplace quite a bit this month. After getting our natural gas bill we decided that us cutting wood and building fires would be much less expensive than using the heater all the time. We can build a fire in the evening and it keeps the house warm until late into the evening. We are hoping to see a big difference on our next bill.

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've had a long stretch of really cold weather (-40°C windchills everyday), not only has it made us have a bit of cabin fever, it has made me fear our next heating bill.

Merry Christmas B!