Monday, December 08, 2008

Glitter glitter every where!

If you know me you know I am not a big fan of glitter. I loathe it. Working in a daycare/preschool I see my fair share of it and always seem to find something else to do when it comes out. Kinsey has been wanting to make some ornaments for our Christmas trees--the big one in the living room and the little one in her room. When I was getting the decorations out last week I came across a package of "stained glass" ornaments and told her she could do those. The first thing she did was say "Oh look there is glitter in here!!"....UGH...she saw it! I told her we could put some glitter on them but I would be holding the glitter at all times. The ornaments turned out really cute and will be for her little tree! Mine are the ones without glitter ;-)

Sunday Neal wanted to go gather wood for our fireplace. We went to one area and got some smaller logs and branches. I had planned to pick up pine cones but there weren't any where we were at so I convinced him to drive to a nearby lake where there are tons of pine trees. Kinsey and I picked up 4 grocery sacks full of pine cones! We are making ornaments out of some, taking some to the daycare to make ornaments there, and the rest will be used for fire starters. I took a few pictures of some we decorated.




These will be put on our bigger tree and shared with family. Now we can put the glitter up and be done with it for a very long time........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could use pinecones as firestarters. Do they light easily as we love fires in the winter.

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are cute. I hate glitter too. No matter how careful you are with it, it ends up everywhere and then you walk around half the day with a piece of glitter stuck to the middle of your forehead until you look in the mirror and notice and wonder how many people let you go on about your day without telling you about the giant sparkling thing in the middle of your forehead.

Or maybe that's just me :)

Amanda said...

Those are GREAT!!

I'm not a fan of glitter either. I loved it when I was a kid...but then I became a preschool teacher and that ruined it for me!