Friday, December 05, 2008

Old toys bring back memories

Early last week Kinsey and I were talking about her PE class and she said they used a thing you put around your ankle and jump over it. I asked if it was a Skip-It or something like that and she wasn't sure what it was called. When we got to my parents I went to the outside storage closet and pulled out my old Lemon Twist--it was similar what she used! My sister and I each had one and mine had a bee drawn on it since my name starts with a "B". We also found an old hula-hoop for her to play with. Everyone that went out into the backyard had to show her how to roll the hula-hoop forward and make it come back to you. Kinsey was finally able to do it a few times before we left. I'm so glad we were able to find some 30-something year old toys to entertain her. I have many fond memories of my sister and I playing with those toys for hours on end. The next thing I need to get Kinsey is roller skates to use there. My sister and I spend countless hours skating up and down the sidewalk.

Kinsey and my parent's dog Goldie (aka Red).

Sorry about the quality of these pictures. I'm still learning how to use all the setting on my camera. I need to work on taking pictures at dusk.

No comments: