Monday, December 01, 2008

I didn't make it

Oh well, I didn't make it to the end of NaBloPoMo again. I will admit that I did post quite a bit this month and shared quite a few pictures. It was fun!

We had a great time at my parents for Thanksgiving. We ate to much, visited, and slept a lot...lol! My parents and I stayed up way to late one night playing Phase 10 Dice. Earlier my Mom and I were playing and Kinsey wanted to play. We decided that Go Fish would be easier and she had a blast playing. My Dad kept teasing me because I only won one game out of about 10. After putting Kinsey to bed I came back to play Phase 10 Dice again. I won the first game and my Mom won the other 2. My Dad didn't win any...HA! It was so nice to get to visit with them. My Dad has had some hearing loss since he was young. He has always resisted hearing aids until this year. This is the first time I have been home since he's had them and it was so nice to be able to talk to him without yelling. It took a little getting used to since he's been that way my whole life.

We had a very relaxing weekend and got to see several other relatives. My paternal Grandmother came over for Thanksgiving lunch and my aunt Reita came by and visited that afternoon. We also went to Reita's apartment the next day. I have not been to it since she moved in and it was lovely...just like she is. I want Kinsey to get to know my aunts and uncles as she grows up so she knows what great family I had growing up. I have fond memories of going to my Mom's aunt and uncles houses when we were young and I want the same memories for Kinsey.

Ok, on to December. We have a parade next weekend and a school program on the 11th. There are also several other things planned through out the month. Also, I'm hoping to get the Christmas tree up this weekend so check back for pictures!

No comments: