Thursday, November 13, 2008

Swab the deck matey!

In a previous post I mentioned that this house has a white linoleum floor in the kitchen. I detest this floor. It's beautiful when it's clean but living in dusty NM on a dirt road it's not clean very often. I can sweep everyday and still get a ton of dirt. I decided I had better mop it today so it looks some what clean this weekend. The last time I did a thorough cleaning I got down on my hands and knees and used a scrub brush. It killed my back! Neal suggested that I get a brush on a stick like the guy at the car wash uses--he comes out and scrubs your tires and windows before you go through the wash. After searching around Wal-Mart I finally found what I was looking for in the Hardware section. They have a small area for industrial cleaning supplies. I was able to scrub the floor while standing and not kill my back. I scrubbed an area then would go back and mop it. It worked perfectly and my floors are gleaming white.....for now.

We still plan to put down a different floor but that's one of the things that will be in the future. I'm still waiting for Kinsey's bathroom floor to be done and it's a very tiny bathroom. We have the tile and all the supplies it's just motivation someone to do it. I can't say to much though, our deck which was almost falling down when we moved in has been totally redone and is so much sturdier. Whomever built it didn't know what they were doing and didn't secure it to the house. Neal and I couldn't be on it at the same time for fear of it collapsing. A few weeks ago, Neal and a friend of his completely tore off the old deck and rebuilt it. Now you can go in and out without fear.

One thing at a time............

No comments: