Sunday, November 19, 2006

A baking marathon

I got into a baking mood today and ended up making 3 things! I made a Pumpkin Sheetcake with cream cheese frosting to take to the teachers at Kinsey's school tomorrow. I also made Cranberry Nut Bars. I made one pan for the teachers and one pan for myself. In mine I used turbinado sugar, whole wheat flour, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter sticks. I used pecans in both and they taste great! For Neal and Kinsey I made my cousin Karen's No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. This is one of Neal's favorite treats and he's been craving them. I wish I could figure out how to make them more low-calorie but we haven't done that yet. They need the sugar to make the base so Splenda is not an option.

KAREN'S NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES

2 c. sugar
1/2 c milk
1/4 c bakers cocoa
1/2 c margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c chunky peanut butter***
pinch salt
3 c quick cook oatmeal

Mix first 4 ingredients together and cook over medium heat until melted. Bring to boil and boil for 3 minutes stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool 1 minute. Add last 4 ingredients and stir well. Drop by spoonfuls on wax paper and let cool. Store in an airtight container. Makes 35-40
***I used regular peanut butter b/c I didn't have chunky and it comes out fine.

No comments: