Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Easy pulled pork sandwiches

Who knew pulled pork could be so easy. I was given this recipe on the Mommy board I belong to. This is a wonderful group of ladies I met when I was pregnant with Kinsey. Most of us have been together since we were pregnant. We share our ups and downs, our families, our recipes, and our lives. I don't know what I would do without them!! (((HUGS))) to my March Mommies!

EASY PULLED PORK SANDWICHES

1 pork shoulder or pork roast
1 onion
salt and pepper

1 bottle of favorite BBQ sauce
buns

Spray the inside of your crock with non-stick spray. Put the pork in your CrockPot, slice onion and put in, season with salt and pepper. I always add about 1/2 cup of water. Cook on low for 8-12 or on high for 4-6 hours. It's always best on low but if you are in a hurry it does work on high. When the meat is done, drain any juice (take out bone if there is one) then shred meat with 2 forks. Pour some BBQ sauce over it and mix. Keep adding sauce until it's the consistency you want. I always leave it in my CrockPot so it will stay warm.
Serve on hamburger buns and leave BBQ sauce out for anyone who wants more.

No comments: