Friday, November 02, 2007

Great kids recipe

At the daycare I work at I make the menus and cook the food. Pizza dippers were on the menu but I didn't feel like making the same old thing I always make--biscuits rolled out with olive oil, garlic, and cheese on top. They are sliced in strips and dipped in pizza sauce. I saw this idea on another blog but cannot remember where it was. After some research I found some other variations.

PIZZA CUPS

1 can refrigerator biscuits (not flaky)
pizza sauce (spaghetti sauce)
cheese
any additional toppings you would like

Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Press a biscuit in each cup so that it goes up the sides and leaves a depression in the middle. Put about a tablespoon of sauce in each cup and sprinkle with cheese--you could add your additional topping before the cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are done.

The kids loved them! I also read that you could use the filling for tacos, sloppy joes, or even BBQ. This would an easy thing for the kids to make and help with. They could press the biscuits in place and even add the filling. Make sure they wash their hands and have an adult put them in and out of the oven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound pretty good I think your Dad would like these and me too. Love Mama