Friday, November 09, 2007

Slow cooker breakfast casserole

This is another recipe from my March Mommy board. I'm not sure who posted it first since there are a few of the same recipe floating around. I made it a few weeks ago when my Mom was here and we loved it. I'm making it tonight so we can eat it in the morning and will have leftovers for Sunday morning. It's great for a crowd and would be really good for Christmas morning or someday when you wouldn't have a lot of time to cook before hand. When my Mom was here I served it with a side of assorted fruit.

SLOW COOKER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

1 bag (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
1 lb. of bacon diced, cooked and drained or 1 lb. cooked ham, cubed **
1 medium diced onion
1 green bell pepper diced
1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese
1 dozen eggs
1 C. milk
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper (more or less to taste)

Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick spray. Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese. Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together. Pour over the slow cooker mixture, cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours.

**I'm making it with ground sausage instead of bacon.

No comments: